The University of Waterloo is located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The university is a public research University. It is a leading comprehensive university with 35,000 full- and part-time students in undergraduate and graduate programs. The University has six faculties, which operate a combined total of 11 schools and over 50 academic departments.
The University of Waterloo conducts their Academic programs in two terms, January and September term. The deadline date to apply for the January term is already passed. For September 2019, candidates can apply through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). International students will have to use OUAC 105 Application form to apply for an Undergraduate program at the University of Waterloo.
The University of Waterloo offers more than 100 UG Programs across six departments.
- Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Mathematics
- Faculty of Science
These faculties are further divided into more than 50 academic departments offering students with a wide range of undergraduate programs to choose from.
Faculty of Engineering, Science, and Economics at the University of Waterloo is one of the best in the country and attract most of the International Students.
All aspirants who want to apply for the undergraduate program form the University of Waterloo must satisfy the eligibility criteria as set by the University. As per the official website, International Students will have to satisfy the following criteria to apply for the University of Waterloo.
- Students must have cleared or have appeared in Grade 12/Higher Secondary Certificate/Diploma examination or equivalent examination from a recognized board with minimum 70% without any failed courses.
- A minimum overall average of 80% is required for students who want to apply in architecture, biomedical, computer, electrical, management, mechanical, mechatronics, and systems design.
- Students must also have scored more than 70% overall average in Grade 10.
- International students will also have to provide an English proficiency test score if their first language.
English Language Test
The University of Waterloo recognizes Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) for Indian students.
|Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) – Test Of English as a Foreign Language
25 writing, 25 speaking
|International English Language Testing System
6.5 writing, 6.5 speaking, 6.0 reading, 6.0 listening
|Michigan English Language Assessment Battery(MELAB)
80 per section
if you’re applying to a co-op program: 3 speaking
|Canadian Academic English Language Assessment(CAEL)
60 per band
70 writing, 70 speaking
Candidates should request the test center to forward the test scores directly to the University of Waterloo. For TOEFL score. The test scores are valid only if completed within 2 years when the University review the application.
The application process is carried out through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). International students will have to use OUAC 105 Application form to apply for an Undergraduate program at the University of Waterloo. Through OUAC, students can apply for different programs with only one application form. Students are also advised to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their contacts to ensure they receive confirmation and other emails.
Here are a few common steps that International students have to follow to fill the application form.
- Visit the official website of OUAC
- Click on the ‘admission’ tab and select OUAC 105 Application.
- Fill the application form online.
- Select the program(s) you want to pursue depending on your interests, eligibility, and study plan.
- Application fee to be paid. You can pay the same via credit card.
- Once the application has been successfully submitted, students will receive an email regarding selection and further details to complete the admission process.
Indian students must keep a scanned copy/xerox of their Grade 10 board examination results and Grade 12 predicted examination results to be sent to the Office of the Registrar. If students receive an offer of admission to Waterloo, then students will also require to submit official Grade 12 board examination results.
All the documents sent and the application received will be reviewed by the admission committee of the department before offering final Admission letter.