Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras. The institute has released the complete schedule of GATE 2019 on their official website. GATE is conducted online and is important for candidates willing to pursue Masters and Doctoral courses in several branches of Engineering and Technology in the IITs, IISc and other institutes in India.
About GATE 2019
GATE 2019 is scheduled to be held on February 2, February 3, February 9 and February 10. GATE 2019 Admit Card has been released by IIT Madras on January 4, 2019. Candidates can download the admit cards through the GOAPS portal, using their enrolment ID and password. The admit cards will not be delivered to the candidates individually or by post or any other way. The score of GATE 2019 will be valid for three years from the date of publication of result. The result of GATE 2019 will be released on March 16, 2019.
Along with the schedule for GATE 2019, IIT Madras has also released the list of candidates whose applications have been rejected for GATE 2019. Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria and/or submitting a duplicate application for the same paper are rejected by the conducting authorities. The enrolment IDs of rejected candidates have been released in two separate lists. IIT Madras has also released the list of applications selected provisionally and has notified candidates to rectify them by February 15, to prevent their results getting withheld.
Candidates have to appear for GATE 2019 with their admit cards along with one Photo ID proof like PAN Card, Voter Card, Driving License, Aadhar Card, Employee ID, Passport etc. Candidates who need to opt for scribe can request for the same via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The last date to request for a scribe is November 16, 2019.
GATE 2019 will be held in two shifts on all the allocated dates. The exam will be conducted on 24 subjects. Candidates can apply for anyone subject each. The complete schedule of GATE 2019 is given below.
GATE 2019 Exam Schedule
|Date||Session||Time||Paper with Code|
|February 2, 2019||Morning||9.30 AM – 12.30 AM||Chemistry (CY), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Mining Engineering (MN)|
|Afternoon||2.30 PM – 5.30 PM||Mechanical Engineering (ME), Engineering Sciences (XE), Life Sciences (XL), Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)|
|February 3, 2019||Morning||9.30 AM – 12.30 AM||Computer Science and Information Technology (CS), Chemical Engineering (CH)|
|Afternoon||2.30 PM – 5.30 PM||Aerospace Engineering (AE), Agricultural Engineering (AG), Architecture and Planning (AR), Biotechnology (BT), Ecology and Evolution (EY), Geology and Geophysics (GG), Instrumentation Engineering (IN), Mathematics (MA), Metallurgical Engineering (MT), Petroleum Engineering (PE), Physics (PH), Production and Industrial Engineering (PI), Statistics (ST)|
|February 9, 2019||Morning||9.30 AM – 12.30 AM||Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)|
|Afternoon||2.30 PM – 5.30 PM||Electrical Engineering (EE)|
|February 10, 2019||Morning||9.30 AM – 12.30 AM||Civil Engineering (CE)|
|Afternoon||2.30 PM – 5.30 PM||Civil Engineering (CE)|
GATE 2019 Important Dates
The important dates related to GATE 2019 are mentioned below,
- GATE 2019 Notification – July 6, 2018
- GATE 2019 Online Application Start – September 1, 2018
- GATE 2019 Online Application Close – September 23, 2018 (until 18.00 hours)
- Last date to enrol with late fee – October 1, 2018
- Extended date for submission of online application – October 3, 2018
- Correction window – September 27, 2018 – November 26, 2018
- Last date to change exam paper – October 17 to October 24, 2018
- Last date to change defects in application – November 2, 2018
- GATE Mock Test start – October 30, 2018
- Change in the category, gender, PWD status (with fee) – October 31, 2018 – November 7, 2018
- Change in the city of the exam – November 13 – November 16, 2018
- The release of Admit Card – January 4, 2019
- GATE 2019 Exam date – February 2, February 3, February 9 and February 10, 2019
- Response Sheet – 2nd week of February 2019
- Answer Key – 3rd week of February 2019
- Deadline for challenging answer key – 3rd week of February
- GATE 2019 Official Result – March 16, 2019
- Scorecard Release – March 20 – May 31, 2019
- Tentative date of Counselling – 1st week of April 2019.
Candidates can find the detailed schedule and dates for GATE 2019 by visiting the official website – http://gate.iitm.ac.in