The global prevalence of deaths caused by road accidents as well as accidents injuries is becoming a major health hazard. People making direct contact with the road need to realize the dangers of being involved in a car accident and what the dangers of car accident injuries can be like.
This is why many governmental institutions are working towards providing general knowledge on the dangers of being involved in a car accident.
Thus the need of a good car accident settlement attorney is increasing day by day. This is why many governmental institutions are working towards providing general knowledge on the dangers of being involved in a car accident.
Some of the major subjects that highlight in every accident educating institution include:
- Increasing awareness, compliance and regulations regarding speed limits, drug addiction, seatbelt use, limitations on children and the use of protective helmets.
- Formulated and adopted transport and land-use policies that promote safer and more efficient transportation; promoted the use of alternative commuting modes, such as public transport, and introduced traffic and road construction in the light of injury prevention initiatives.
- Protecting and rendering cars more accessible to riders, pedestrians and cyclists; use daylight strong lights and reflective riding fabrics, bicycles, rickshaws, and other non-motorized transport modes.
How many accidents take place every year?
According to the World Health Organization, the general statistics of car accidents taking place each year are gradually increasing due to more and more vehicles hitting the roads every year. Some of the stats based on global research are mentioned as follows:
- About 1.25 million people die every year in road crashes, a total of 3,287 people die every day.
- 20-50 million additional people are injured or damaged.
- For young adults aged 15 and 44 years of age more than half of all road deaths occur.
- Road accidents make up 2.2% of all deaths worldwide, rated as the 9th highest cause of death.
- Traffic accidents are the leading cause of death for 15-29-year-olds and the second largest cause of death nationwide for 5-14 year-olds.
- About 400,000 people under the age of 25 are killed every year on world highways, totaling more than 1,000 per day.
What to do after a car accident?
Even though a car accident is not something we look up to neither it is something that we expect to happen to us. However, it is a happening cause that is gradually increasing therefore, it is important to develop awareness on how to react if you meet a sustainable accident and how to cope with the car accident injuries that you might suffer during the wreck. Here at we described car accident checklist, you need to be done if you meet car accident.
1Stop at that very moment
You must always stop if you were involved in an accident; even the very minor ones. Stopping right at the spot is your legal obligation regardless of how it happened. If you think there has been no damage at all, even then you have to hit the brakes.
Apart from that, as a gesture of humanity, you need to be present for the person whom you collided with as they might have been hurt or maybe they need any other help.
Even if you stop, by no means accept liability for the crash. Your insurance plan is a contract and the compensation plan with your car insurance company stipulates that, under these conditions, you must not accept responsibility. If you are anticipating your liability to be protected by the insurance company, let them talk.
2Check for Injuries
See if anyone else besides you needs medical attention immediately. Try to avoid driving cars, whenever necessary, before they cause a big traffic problem. Stay until the police push anything if it is necessary. Dial 911 or ask another citizen to do so if you are hurt. Seek not to hurry and wait for emergency personnel if you have been seriously injured.
Many people consider moving here and there just to worsen the problem. This, however, is not what you have to do. Just stick to where you are and wait until the ambulance comes to pick you.
3Call the Police
Police have to be at the site of the accident because they can help you at the time when it’s not your fault. Police will determine the extent of damage and who is obligatory to pay for the loss.
It is a good idea to call the police even if there are no significant damages. You might have to file a law enforcement claim to your insurance company even if it only covers your car for loss. Unless they are getting in the way of other traffic, avoid moving the vehicles from the site of the collision until the police arrive at the site.
4Gather important details
It is mandatory to collect the names, residence and contact numbers of each and every person who was involved in the accident. Make sure to provide your correct details in case they ask you. The number of the vehicle and what it looks like is useful but your main focus should be to get the vehicle number and the name of the company it has been registered with.
The information that you need to fill the insurance claim form is:
- Name, Address, and phone number along with other contact information for example email
- The name of the insurance company as well as the policy number
- Basic vehicle description, model number and registration year. Take pictures if needed
- Date, time, address and the road along with the nearest street where the accident took place
- The direction of both parties at the time of the collision
- Weather conditions, health and road conditions
- Details of the police officer
When it comes to car accidents and the injuries caused by car accidents, it is important that you are aware of what to do. Despite being an unwanted situation, it is important to know what to do if you even in the case met with such a scenario. The most critical part is to gather all the important details and report the case instead of running from the scenario regardless of who was at fault as this kind of damage can be a mistake from both ends as well.