Developments in the IT sector is a continual process because there is a large number of data added every minute not only in your website but across all websites. If you want to manage your database and relate with others for your business purpose then you will have to use it strategically and follow the steps and tools that are required. To make sure that you are using it to the fullest capacity, you will need to know the prevailing trends as well as those that are coming up in 2020. There has been a sudden surge in the business data in past few years. This is due to several reasons such as:
- The streaming data technology
- Internet of Things commonly called as IoT
- Mobile usage and
- Big data pipelines.
The change in the business scenario and the data has compelled the businesses to incorporate better Data Management practices. It is required to have advanced data collection and storage methods in place. Apart from that, you will also need the following:
- Data management
- Data governance and
- Data security platforms.
These when properly converged will help in better data management of businesses which ideally is the common concern of the global enterprises.
The change in trends
There is a notable change in trends in digital transformation as well as data management in this digital age. To ensure this you will need to have precise and proper information regarding the technological transformation patterns in the recent years. The change in trends also suggests that in the coming year the landscape will witness more developments in data technologies. To thrive well, you will make the best use of it at different crossroads of businesses and its processes, as well as the people.
- This change in trend over the years has brought about a major cultural shift across different enterprises. The data management teams of different organizations now think of a better managing system of their most important asset: customer data.
- Today’s market is more data focused and the business environment as well as the staff, employers, and the other stakeholders are also induced in the data management culture of the enterprises for higher outcomes.
There have been different surveys and studies conducted that indicates that there will be more data disruptions coming up in the next year. These will be caused by different technologies advancements such as Machine Learning, AI and IoT.
Role of the data engineer
In 2020, the role of the data engineer will be even more significant in organizational data planning. They will act as an architect and will play the key role in the years to come. That means the data teams will not be able to function without the technical expertise and supervision of the data engineers. The data engineers on the other hand are expected to have multiple programming skills and must be well abreast with the advanced technology. This extensive knowledge will help them to prepare the foundation for data management of the different organizations. Their skill and knowledge will help them to formulate a better plan which other staff such as a data analyst or the data scientist can use for detailed data oriented functions.
Single point data management platforms
The use of a single point data management platform is another significant change that has been noticed in the late months of 2019 and is expected to be more extensively followed in 2020. This is the next step of evolution of data management that suggests the use of data management platforms by the enterprises instead of a multiple data solutions that are disintegrated all over and across. This trend has gained momentum very slowly but looking at the usefulness and effectiveness of it in the recent years, it can be concluded that businesses now simply cannot survive without a single point, fully integrated, and scalable data management solutions. This is absolutely necessary for augmented data collection and its precise distribution and analysis across all the different data channels. The top data management trends will only perform with analytics. However, investing more time and effort in managing data will leave you with fewer resources for data analytics.
Effects of the trends
It can be deduced that the general data management trends are here to stay in 2020. These technology trends transforming data management suggests that:
- More enterprises will move from hierarchical data architecture toward decentralized data governance method
- In the next year the tiered data storage method will be a commonplace for using different media for different types of data as it will help in maximum utilization of the space usage as well as the cost
- There will also be an increased use of GDPR across all data pipelines and management platforms just to ensure high data privacy, governance and security and
- There will be a host of data management functions such as storage, BIU and analytics that will be typically outsourced by the smaller and medium businesses as well as the larger enterprises so as to save data center and on-premises costs.
There is and will be high usage of hybrid solutions such as the private-public cloud that will also ensure an increased efficiency, productivity and security across different organizations.
Trends to watch out for
There are different trends in data management that you should watch out for in the following year. Downsizing of transactional DBMS systems is coming up for the need of more accuracy, operational efficiency, better crash recovery method, concurrency of transactions, and proper functioning of the network systems deployed such as hybrid data centers and decentralized cloud networks. The use of modern Big Data databases will be used as the next generation database management system whether it is for trading or for biotechnology applications. This will provide and excellent solution for storing vast volumes of streaming data. Technologies such as GPUS, in-memory DBMS system and others will help in parallel processing of data across multiple platforms and GPUs in the following year.