Irritable Bowel Syndrome whose short name is IBS might be also called spastic colon and mucous colitis. This is a gastrointestinal disorder which is seduced by the irregularity as well as irritability in the movement of the intestines, both small and large ones. Those who suffer from IBS may experience pain, diarrhea, as well as abdominal cramping. In addition, you may experience constipation, gas, mucus, and bloating in the stool and suffer from a headache, nausea, fatigue and even depression as well. IBS can be ranked as one of the most popular disorders. And it is indicated that women are more prone to this disease than man, especially around twentieths.
The precise causes of this disorder are still mysterious, however, it is found that nervousness, anger, and frustration have a close connection with this disorder. Moreover, consuming the high amount of coffee or eating raw fruits and cruciferous vegetables can contribute to the negative side of the problem.
However, since this disorder is not fatal and it can be reduced significantly by some natural home remedies.
This is a rich source of dietary fiber which is mandatory for the movement and inclusive excrement. In addition, flaxseed is another sufficient supply of omega 3 fatty acids that can promote the functions of a digestive and immune system. In addition, flaxseed can treat both diarrhea and constipation.
- Consume one spoon of flaxseed with water once on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, you may mix one spoon of flaxseed to one cup of boiling water
- Steep it for several minutes and consume it as a tea before going to sleep.
- Drink it on a daily basis to protect your gut from gas and keep it clean.
- Or you can mix some flaxseed to a cup of water and let it rest for several hours before drinking it.
It is a significantly positive treatment to eliminate IBS from IBS sufferers who have to endure constipation. Sulfur and chlorine are the main ingredients in cabbage which can deeply remove the mucus membranes of the gut and the intestines. The gentle laxative effect from the juice can regulate the bowel movements and keep the body always hydrated.
- Take a fresh cabbage and chop it into pieces.
- Put those pieces into the blender to extract the juice
- You can consume the juice 3 – 4 times a day.
It can reduce IBS symptoms such as diarrhea, bloating and cramping. Moreover, a study conducted in the British Medical Journal indicated that peppermint oil, antispasmodics and fiber content can effectively treat the IBS. Menthol oil, a property of peppermint, has an antispasmodic effect on the muscles of the digestive tract. This can easily reduce gas pain, intestinal spasms, and bloat. Moreover, it can promote the passage of the food via intestines as well. This is also a good method to get rid of onion breath.
- Add some of the peppermint oil into a cup of warm water.
- Consume that several times a day
- Keep doing it till you notice the improvement.
- Alternatively, add some peppermint oil into a glass of boiling water and steep it for several minutes
- Consume this solution for several times a day.
- However, you should not consume an excess amount of peppermint oil. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea, heart problems as well as nervous system disorders.
In yogurt, there are a considerable amount of “good” germs which is a common treatment for IBS – associated diarrhea. They, in fact, are good bacteria that can protect the intestines and regulate the lactic acid to remove the bacterial toxins out of the body.
- You can consume 1 – 2 cups of yogurt after a meal or make a smoothie and consume it every day to improve the intestine’s health.
- Or else, you can add some psyllium husks to your cup of yogurt. Consume it 1 hour after lunch and dinner.
Ginger is well known to lower the amount of bloating and gas, therefore, it is highly recommended that you should consume it to treat IBS. Moreover, ginger can significantly lower the inflammation caused by IBS in the intestines and ease the intestinal muscles. Ginger also reduces many annoyed systems of nasal polyps.
- Add some grated ginger into a glass of boiling water
- Let it rest for several minutes and take the ginger out
- Add some honey and consume the tea.
- Repeat process for several times a day to ease abdominal pain and cramps as well.
- Or you can grate some pieces of ginger and add some honey into it as well.
- Consume the mixture before dinner or lunch to prevent diarrhea and improve your intestine’s health as well as the digestive system as well.
It can relieve the intestinal spasms as well as bloating which are the common factors related to IBS. Moreover, fennel seeds can remove fats from the digestion, therefore, it can inhibit the over – manufacturing of mucus inside the intestinal tracts.
- You may add some ground fennel seeds to a glass of boiling water. Steep it and consume the tea
- Have this tea for several times a day to prevent IBS
- Or you can consume the tea made from dry roasted fennel seeds mixed with water.